Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The 499 piece puzzle.



Periodically my family and I like to put together jigsaw puzzles. We like the managable 500 piece puzzles the best. Our cat Flower likes to help us too. But only after we've left the puzzle unattended.

One day when the puzzle was on the cusp of completeness we noticed that our 500 piece puzzle was now only 499 pieces. The search began. We looked on the floor all around the table where we had been putting the puzzle together. Not there. We lifted up the mat we were assembling the puzzle on. Not there. We looked inside the puzzle box. Nope. We were all but ready to just take it apart when someone noticed Flower batting a small object about the kitchen floor. If you guessed it was the missing piece, you either know our Flower or you have a cat yourself. We snapped up the piece with much enthusiasm and tapped it into the proper place and sat back and gazed upon our completed picture with satisfaction.

Later as I sat reflecting upon that scenario it occured to me that finding ones soulmate is like putting together a puzzle.

In my case, my life was once like that crazy, jumbled, jigsaw puzzle that I worked decades to piece together. I had everything I wanted and needed and in it's appropriate place; when I noticed - something was missing. I really had to search for that missing piece but once I finally found it; snapped it into place, I realized I had found completeness.

How relatable this scenario is to many people. Life is good. It  has direction. It has momentum. But when we pause in review of all we have and where we are in relation to our life's goals we may find our 500 piece puzzle is really only 499 pieces! Is this where you find currently yourself? If you have already found your mising piece and are thinking of getting married, I would love the opportunity to speak with you. I want to hear your story. Perhaps we could incorporate certain aspects into the ceremony that mirror the uniqueness of the two of you. Give me a call and let's talk!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Choosing an Officiant

Your wedding will be one of the biggest days of your life. You will spend months working out every little detail. You will be choosing t...